Service Delivery - Messaging - #18342
Job Title: Service Delivery - Messaging
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This role provides exposure to leading edge software technology and underlying platforms operating mission critical services to the group.
What will you be doing?
Infrastructure Delivery (30 – 50%)
- Planning and implementation of all changes to the components of test and live messaging infrastructure, from request for change or project initiation through to deployment and review, to support the continued availability, effectiveness and risk compliance of the infrastructure. Ensure that business objectives are met and deliverables achieved to agreed timescale, budget and quality.
- Take responsibility for advising and recommending technical solutions based on experience and industry knowledge, focusing on requirements and planning to meet client needs, which the job holder helps to identify.
- Design and implement monitoring solutions, focusing on proactive issues and problems detection and prevention
Infrastructure Maintenance (10 – 30%)
- Drive and pro-actively maintain or enhance systems / infrastructure components and services, maximizing use of available resources, to ensure that infrastructure is in vendor supported and standards compliant state.
Service Support (10 – 20%)
- React quickly and as necessary to test and live systems issues and service problems to minimize downtime and restore service. Key focus will be required upon identification of root cause and implementation of permanent fix.
What we’re looking for:
- The Middleware teams provide support and change delivery across a range of platforms & components. Knowledge about following infrastructure platforms and messaging software is required:
- UNIX (primarily AIX v 5.1 and above, z-Linux and x-Linux) with Shell scripting skills and basic administrative skills
- Windows with scripting skills and basic administrative skills
- Good knowledge on MQ Administration including but not limited to
- MQ infrastructure Components,
- Distributed Queuing / Client Connectivity
- WMQ Security Setup (SSL, OAM)
- Troubleshooting MQ
- Good knowledge on MB Administration including but not limited to
- Broker Infrastructure components
- Broker administration
- Flow deployment
- Security Setup
- Additionally, skills in the following will be advantageous
- WMB development, Toolkit, ESQL coding
- z-OS basics
- Wily Monitoring for WMQ and WMB
- Knowledge of automation technologies i.e. CHEF
- Experienced / knowledge of a range of infrastructure priniciples and offering i.e. Cloud
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge/Administration skills for Kafka and AMQ
- Experience in any development language
- Knowledge of Agile or SRE methodology
- Knowledge of WMB development, Toolkit, ESQL Coding
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.