Engineer III, Software Development - #941482
- Build a career with a global company
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise-level products and the latest technologies
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Collaborate closely with small, cross-functional teams of designers, developers, engineers, and stakeholders to build new features and applications
- Design and implement overall application development strategy
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including estimation, development, and deployment
- Stay up to date on the latest development practices and strategies
- Research, evaluate, and implement tools and procedures that provide strategic improvements to our products and process
- Take direction, go beyond what is asked, and constantly challenge yourself
- Love what you do, as this position will require a strong sense of ownership. Confidence in your work is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of professional troubleshooting experience
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Capability to create web applications right from scratch in a fast pace agile development environment
- Experience in writing unit test cases and automated testing for achieving CICD pipeline
- Experience with MSSQL objects like stored procedures, views, triggers, etc
- Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Jenkins, and SonarQube tools
- Background in the financial markets is a plus, especially exposure to the wide range of tradable instruments outside of common stocks
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Experience communicating with clients on production incidents or discussing requirements
- Recent certifications with the above skillset are preferable
Personal competencies, Personal impact
- Strong analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing and complex environments
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities.
- Commitment to producing quality work promptly to ensure client satisfaction.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams.
Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams.
Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
Health Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
Family Friendly Perks: It s not just about you. SP Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards small perks can make a big difference