EMEA Company Secretary - #941515
We are recruiting an EMEA Company Secretary to support and work within the European Legal and Compliance team to assist with the corporate governance of the UK, European and Middle East AllianceBernstein group entities
- The members of AllianceBernstein s broader Legal and Compliance department work on a collaborative basis across the globe and accordingly, the candidate will work with other members of the department based in London, Nashville, Luxembourg and elsewhere
A successful Assistant Company Secretary should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor s or a master s degree in law degree from a reputed university. Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Company Secretary in a similar role within the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles and relevant legislation.
- Prior experience in transactional legal, corporate legal and corporate secretarial work
- Experience of working in a regulated or financial services environment would be preferable.
Skills/ Experience required:
- 3+ years experience as a Company Secretary;
- ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot, and work well with multiple departments/sources of information;
- Experience with a Document Management System (DMS) and Corporate Governance Software;
- IT literate with a good knowledge and high degree of competency in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information.
- Proven negotiation skills at a senior level demonstrating gravitas and providing confidence to key stakeholders is essential.
- Ability to operate at pace and adapt to a fast changing internal and external environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly detail orientated;
- Ability to prioritise workload and be able to work under pressure to tight deadline;
- Strong interpersonal skills as the position involves contact with other staff members across the business;
- You must be able to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and in writing;
- Administer the EMEA corporate entities and SPVs including filings;
- Draft documents for the EMEA corporate entities, including board minutes, resolutions, option deeds and share certificates;
- Conduct contract management responsibilities including organizing the filing of contracts and signings;
- Provide governance advisory and implementation service;
- Provide guidance to directors and others, as appropriate, on their duties and responsibilities at both induction and upon request;
- Manage the collation of mandatory information from the board and committee members in support of regulatory requirements ensuring up to date records are maintained;
- Respond to queries from internal stakeholders and the wider group in a timely fashion;
- Maintain up-to-date records and staying diligent with updates for global entities and acquisitions, and complete required filings;
- Liaise with external company secretarial support for necessary assistance and updates.
- Supporting year-end processes, including updating strategic and directors reports and contributing to the approval of accounts and their submission to Companies House;
- Arranging Board/Committee packs including collating materials from different business units, drafting of agenda, circulating materials to directors and uploading materials to Diligent;
- Drafting Board/Committee resolutions and minutes, including arranging signature by the Chair and filing the same to Document Management System (DMS);
- Undertaking Companies House filings and maintaining company books;
- Providing general support to the Legal and Compliance teams as required.