Operations Engineer - #941522
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Contract type: Full time
- As an Operations Engineer in Institutional Technology, you would be responsible for managing the resolution of application and system issues that arise across one of the key core banking MIDANZ applications
- This requires candidates with both business skills and technical IT knowledge, and demands an ability to manage multiple high-level tasks in a high performing global support team
- This role requires candidate to work in shift roaster, handling on-call and weekend support
What will your day look like
- Monitoring application, system, perform periodical health checks and take appropriate action.
- Responding to user queries, investigating and resolving reported application issues / incidents.
- Proactively identify application issues, assess the risk and take appropriate action.
- Ensure that the agreed set of objectives and deliverables, are achieved.
- Regularly track Service Now Alerts/Incident, Requests and ensure that these are closed/completed/cancelled as per the SLA.
- Work closely with problem management, track open issues send regular updates and communication on open key issues.
- Be aware and be on top of all open critical issues till the cause and all remedial actions are implemented.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders. Ensure that stakeholders are kept informed of status and progress of incidents and problem resolution in a timely manner with relation to the severity of incidents and the ANZ Incident and Problem Management process.
What will you bring
Around 6-10 years of experience on below mentioned technology areas:
- Good programming, support and hands on experience on RPG400, RPGLE and CL
- Deep understanding of multiple versions of RPGII-LE
- CLP Embedded SQL, SDA Screen Design, and Job scheduler MROBOT
- Knowledge on XML, MQ, Connect Direct
- Knowledge on Integration methodologies - Pub/Sub
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and able to work on fast-paced environment.
- Excellent incident management, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills with a good understanding of the entire application/infrastructure landscape of the applications being supported.
- Knowledge of MIDANZ Core Banking system