Project Leader - BCN Labs - #941575
Bain & Company
Project Leader - BCN Labs
Areas of Work
Technology & Engineering
Who We Are
Bain & Company is a global management consulting that helps the world’s most ambitious change-makers define the future. Across 65 offices in 40 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
Who You’ll work with
BCN Labs is a Center of Excellence (CoE) functioning akin to a small R&D boutique startup within the Bain ecosystem, delivering end-to-end data driven client deployable solutions across a wide variety of sectors and industries. We work directly with other CoEs and Practices within Bain as part of the Expert Client Delivery system and interface with teams across the globe. We are first and foremost business thought partners working on intelligent ways of using analytical techniques and algorithms across the spectrum of disciplines that can enable building world-class solutions. Our goal is to build a disruptive high-impact business-enabled end-to-end analytical solutions delivery system across all verticals of Bain.
What You Will Do
We are seeking a strong candidate with significant exposure and experience in advanced analytics who is not only a great implementer but also has the mathematical depth of the analytical techniques and algorithms to fill an exciting Project Leader (PL) role within BCN Labs. The PL is expected to be an expert in data science techniques along with proven academic spikes of playing around with statistical learning models. A PL will typically lead a small team of Associates and/or Analysts to deliver a client use-case end-to-end with some oversight or work on projects on their own delivering insights to the client along with a Manager.
A PL is expected to have the ability to:
- Frame a business problem within an analytical structure in a manner that their team can collaboratively go about solving the problem
- Brainstorm on potential models, heuristics, algorithms and techniques with their team and the Labs leadership which can serve as potential approaches to garner insights
- Proactively code on their own and overview the codes of their team to ensure zero-defect delivery for the clients
- Have excellent top-down, structured communication skills to be able to translate analytical insights into business and dollar-value impacts
- Make excellent presentations with proper story-lining of ideas
- Work on new products and solutions utilizing the breadth and depth of data science techniques
- Explore the business angle to a problem, so that final deliveries are judged using business metrics rather than analytical ones.
The PL is expected to have a knack for seeking out challenging problems by building their own network or tapping into the networks of the Labs leadership. They will be the interface between the Labs leadership, their team and the clients. They should be willing to learn new techniques and be open to solving problems with an interdisciplinary approach. They must have excellent coding skills and should demonstrate significant ability in writing modular, functional codes.
- A Masters/PhD or any other advanced degrees in a field linked to analytics such as Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering, etc.
- If you are a Bachelors in any of the fields mentioned above, then we would seek a stellar academic record with proof of ability in not just implementing analytics but also working through the underlying techniques and algorithms
- Excellent skills in Python, SQL, predictive and/or prescriptive analytics, LLMs (preference for GPTs, with exposure to prompt engineering and RAG)
- (Good-to-have, but not necessary) Exposure to either AWS or Azure with some experience of deploying Python based solutions on these cloud platforms, Airflow, Snowflake, PySpark, Git, Docker, etc.
- You will fit into our team-oriented structure with a college/hostel-style way of working, having the comfort of reaching out to anyone for support that can enable our clients better
- At least 2 or 3 years of demonstrated abilities in data science if you are a PhD or Masters degree holder, respectively; and, at least 5 years of a stellar career track record if you are a Bachelors degree holder
- Demonstrated abilities to manage and deliver data-driven projects
- Proven abilities to discuss data science topics and business impact
What makes us a great place to work
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents..