Position Senior Specialist - Credit and Collections - #941608
Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and determine reasons for non-payment.
Negotiate payment plans and schedules that suit the financial capabilities of customers.
Track and update customer accounts, record payment statuses and collection efforts.
Resolve billing issues and handle customer inquiries effectively.
Collaborate with the accounting department to reconcile account discrepancies.
Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status regularly.
Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
Maintain a professional demeanor while collecting from customers.
This role will be setup in the Hillenbrand Global shared service Organization - Coimbatore, India supporting Collections within Hillenbrand. This role will have the opportunity to work with and learn from teams that are geographically diverse (Asia, Europe, and North America)
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field is a plus.
- 3+ years of proven experience in a collections role.
- Strong knowledge of collections regulations and procedures.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other financial software.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.