Summer Internship Programme - #941638
This internship is for 25 days in the Himalayas. It ideally suits those between the ages of 22 and 28, who are looking to gain experience in Outdoor Leadership skills.
At Indiahikes, we design our treks to create a very strong impact on our trekkers. We aim to use trekking as a tool to impact the mind, body and spirit of trekkers. We can create this impact only through strong facilitation skills that our Trek Leaders are trained in.
During the internship, you will be part of this facilitating team, for our summer camp 2024. You will help in designing and leading the treks of children who are between 10-14 or 15-16 years old. You will take charge of the safety, experience and well-being of the participants.
At the end of the internship, you gain valuable skills for imparting experiences. As a byproduct, you also learn a very high order of leadership skills.
A certificate of internship is awarded to you at the end of the programme. You also get a stipend of Rs 5,000 per trek during the internship programme. You may go on an intensive 4-5 day training programme before you start your actual work.
The internship dates are:
14 Mar to 07 Apr
06 Apr to 30 Apr
30 Apr to 24 May
24 May to 28 Jun
This internship suits those:
- Who are between 22-28 years old (male or female)
- Have work experience (preferable)
- Are very good communicators of thoughts
- Can articulate in English well
- Can give 25 days full time for this internship.
- Have done at least one Himalayan trek
Indiahikes will take care of your travel, food and accommodation from Dehradun to Dehradun. You will have to bear your own expenses until Dehradun and back.
If you suit the role, please fill the application form here.
How to Apply
We're extremely careful about who we select as a part of team Indiahikes. Through the selection process, we want to make sure you are the 'right fit.
For all positions email
Subject: Working with Indiahikes — (name of position)
Sandhya Chandrasekharayya, is the COO and Co-founder at Indiahikes. Arjun Majumdar is the CEO and Founder of Indiahikes
What to include in your email application
- Your latest resume (Even if you don’t have a background in trekking, your past work experience matters to us)
- Write a paragraph about 'why you wish to work at Indiahikes'. A passion for trek and travel is important, but must not be the only reason for you to apply.
- Write another paragraph about your skills and talents that make you suitable for the role.
- If you have any trek experience, mention it in the email.
- Any specific write up or inclusions as mentioned in the role description
A note about your application status
We receive a large number of applications. If you are shortlisted, we will write back within seven days, usually quicker. If you do not hear from us within seven days, in all probability, your application has been rejected. You can, of course, remind us again if you feel you are the right fit for Indiahikes.
Note: Sometimes, applications get rejected because they have not followed the complete application process mentioned in “How to Apply” above. Applications are also rejected when it is too much about their passion for travel/trekking and not about why they wish to work at Indiahikes. Do not use ChatGPT or other AI tools to write your application. It results in applications being rejected.