Specialist - Technology Services - #941662
The position requires a mid level windows/linux server administrator to provide MetLife business customers with best in class support services. We are seeking a senior level distributed Server Administrator with strong Red Hat Linux and Windows Server based operating system skills, including Red Hat HA technology, administration, configuration management and LADP integration. Knowledge of EMC SAN storage management, VMware ESXi virtualization and Big Data is required. The candidate must have a strong x86 hardware background and be familiar with HP Proliant stand alone and Blade System platforms. Knowledge of VCE vBlock and UCS server platforms is a must. The successful candidate will be working with various enterprise application development and core services teams to implement and maintain Red Hat Linux version 5.X, 6.X and 7.X and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 on x86 hardware platforms. The candidate will be responsible for adhering to documentation for the installation, maintenance, support, and hardware/software procedures for enterprise Linux Red Hat and Windows platforms
- Installs and configures Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Linux Red Hat, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, VMware ESX, Virtual Center, and VMotion.
- Troubleshoots legacy Linux, Windows and ESX server and OS issues. Independently utilizes all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
- Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including and system maintenance.
- Follows operating procedures and utilizes established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Executes a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management.
- Performs regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Interfaces with Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, OS Engineers, Database Administrators and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration.
- Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to Windows server team.
- Provides technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Provides installation support for new applications and software releases.
- Interfaces with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner and /or provide hardware repair and maintenance as required.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Utilize Powershell and Vbscripts in support of automation of common day to day operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 6-8+ years of experience in all phases of enterprise installation and maintenance of hardware and software systems, network and operating systems and storage management
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Proactive. Possesses a keen ability to anticipate, identify and overcome hurdles.
- Excellent knowledge of operating systems and subsystems, systems software, enterprise design and software,
- and storage management
- Excellent knowledge of network hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies and protocols.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to foster strong partnerships with business customers, peer groups and vendors.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Takes a thorough, comprehensive, inquisitive, thoughtful, persistent and conscientious approach to assignments. Pays attention to details and ensures accuracy and high quality.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to skillfully, knowledgeably and diplomatically represent the team, department or Company at meetings and conferences.
- Ability to play a vital role in high visibility assignments.
- Shares ideas and knowledge.
- Strong Powershell and VBscripting skills.
- Entensive experience in Red Hat Linux 5.X 6.X and 7.X on x86 hardware and Windows 2008/20012/2016 administration support and VMware ESX management is a must.