Assistant Manager - Technology Services - #941727
This role needs a strong Senior AIX Administrator who can Identify and resolve system issues in a timely manner. Plan and coordinate the installation, testing, and maintenance of AIX systems software and related hardware. Plan and execute AIX projects within approved timelines. Analyse software and hardware environments to determine any system defects.
Provide server administration, application administration and automation solutions to support business objectives.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Install and configure AIX operating systems and servers.
- L3 Level trouble shorting to identify, investigate and fix issues .
- Support AIX OS to run various software applications.
- Maintain and upgrade the AIX OS.
- Install and test AIX OS patches.
- Develop procedures for AIX security and management.
- Update standard policies according to environment changes and audit results.
- Develop performance improvement initiatives for AIX system environment.
- Identify and resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, testing, and maintenance of AIX systems software and related hardware.
- Plan and execute AIX projects within approved timelines.
- Analyze software and hardware environments to determine any system defects.
- Maintain documentation of AIX hardware and software components and user and operator procedures.
- Develop data backups and retrieval techniques in case of failure, redundancy, etc.
- Detect and troubleshoot system operational and functional issues.
- Perform performance maintenance routines to ensure continuous system availability.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BCA or MCA or Computers Engineering
- 6 to 7 years of total experience and experience as AIX Administrator
- Experience in a AIX & Unix / Linux environment
- MS Office skills to be impressive
- Stakeholder Management
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Must process problem solving, planning, and analytical skills to drive continuous improvements
- Flexibility in working hours and handling escalation and pressure situations
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to coordinate cross functionally
- Experience in scripting preferred