Electrical Engineer - #941737
Cannon Design International
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Contract type: Full time
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical design projects and be an integral part of design teams within CannonDesign.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate in project teamwork planning sessions and may take a lead role.
- Initiate project designs and help to develop design goals and systems. Perform electrical engineering systems design for building construction.
- Design lighting, power distribution, life safety systems for healthcare, education/higher education and commercial clients per applicable codes.
- Apply electrical code knowledge, application for building power distribution design, circuiting.
- Review and markup of shop drawings and submittals. Respond to RFI s and review of change orders in the preparation of construction documents.
- Prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications. Guide junior staff in execution of drawings. Specify electrical equipment.
- Complete quality control checks of engineering documents and layout systems in regard to components and parts.
- Recommend improvements with reference standards and processes to improve quality, coordination, and to streamline production efforts.
- Ensure man-hours and milestones are achieved for all tasks performed as per the scope and the budget.
- Ability to delegate tasks and provide technical guidance to designers or more junior staff.
- Participate or conduct value engineering with Architectural/Engineering team.
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the design team.
- May perform other related tasks as needed.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum Bachelor of Engineering (B.E./ B.Tech.) in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of international projects/ US projects experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Experience with Revit required.
- Knowledge of AGI (lighting), SKM (electrical fault, load flow, coordination, and arc flash)
- Travel may be required.