Quality Software Engineer - #941795
Date: 1 week ago
City: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Contract type: Full time
- The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for Software Quality relative to the design and development of company products, software reliability, developing and maintaining processes and procedures, and assuring adherence to the software development lifecycle across Abbott
- Responsible for maintaining a strong collaborative partnership with cross-site and cross-functional team members that facilitates organizational success by protecting patient/user safety and meeting business needs
About the team:
- The Software Quality Engineering team provides a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where engineers work closely with cross functional teams to provide software services to patients and physicians while keeping Quality foremost on our mind
- You will collaborate with other engineers in in from the various R &D teams to continue finding new areas that can be improved by bringing a while also conducting testing, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, and integrating best practices in the Quality Management System
- we're passionate about building products that improve the quality of life for patients
- We like to learn along the way and depend on everyone s input to help us grow as a team
- bachelors Degree ( 16 years) in Computer science, software engineering, or a closely related discipline Or masters degree. Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in quality or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of combined experience in software development web-based, client-server, and/or embedded systems applications
- Minimum 3-5+ years of combined experience in software testing and verification/validation
- Experience developing automation frameworks and scripts using Selenium, and/or Appium, UFT, etc
- Programming experience in C/C#/Visual Studio/Java, Scripting Language such as Python, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with software configuration, and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jira, Subversion, ClearQuest, Doors, Bugzilla.
- Experience as team-member in Agile SDLC projects/programs
- Knowledge of various types of SDLC s and TLC s (V-Model, Iterative, Agile/Scrum, etc)
- Working experience in behavior-driven testing and scripting using cucumber or behave.
- Experience in automated test execution using Selenium and Appium.
- Ability to follow processes per defined Quality Management System
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Good to have:
- Experience using overall test management tools such as Microfocus ALM, Zephyr, TestComplete.
- Experience in code review/static analysis tool(s) to aide code review such as Code Collaborator, Coverity, Parasoft DT
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
- Working experience in mobile test automation tools (eg Perfecto, MobileLabs)
- Working knowledge of 21 CFR part 820, IEC 62304, IEC 82304-1, ISO 14971, and ISO 13485