Software Engineering Lead - #941845
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- The Software Engineering Lead plays a critical role in providing leadership, management, direction, and vision to technology squads including software engineers, quality assurance testers and business analysts
- The engineering lead is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to offshore contractors/consultants and interns needed to ensure delivery of successful product solutions
- They work closely with development peers, product, and project leaders/leads, and direct the successful completion and delivery of respective software components and any other related deliverables as well as ensuring engineering excellence and operational maturity
- Successfully lead large onshore and offshore resources in solving complex business needs and coordinate the production of advanced complex software and serve as a senior source of expertise.
- Lead the development of technical standards and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area and participate in development and evolution of architecture.
- Provide design input across a product and work directly with customers and end users.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services and champion innovation within your squads and across the organization.
- 9+ Years of experience with minimum 3+ Yrs proven experience working in a similar role, preferably within a large organization.
- Excellent technical leadership and proficient with Agile Software Development, Scrum methodologies.
- Expertise and proven experience in various staffing and resource models and leading multiple development squads.
- Ability to engage and liaise with stakeholders across all functions.
- Implementation, integration and management of complex solutions (distributed, multi-platform, multi-technology).
- Advanced organization/project planning and estimation, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and advanced delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Experience of on-premises, virtualization and cloud-based infrastructure using Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Solid knowledge of Security Engineering best practices.
- DevOps, Build and Deployment automation (Docker and Kubernetes desirable).
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
Group Life insurance/accident policy
Generous long-service awards
New Baby gift