Associate Director of Finance - #941870
Long-term accommodation booking platform for students (think booking.com for student housing). Amber helps 80M+ students worldwide, find and book full-time accommodations near their universities, without the hassle of negotiation, non-standardized and cumbersome paperwork, and broken payment process. We are the largest and fastest-growing student housing platform globally, with 1M+ units listed in 6 countries and across 100+ cities. We are growing rapidly and targeting $2B in annual gross bookings value by 2024.
If you are passionate about making international mobility and living seamless and accessible, then - Join us in building the future of student Housing! (We are amongst the fastest growing companies in the Asia Pacific as per Financial Times https://www.ft.com/high-growth-asia-pacific-ranking-2022)
Reporting to the Director, Finance, this role plays a significant role in ensuring the group achieves its financial objectives. This is a finance role with high degree of visibility with senior stakeholders, including business and functional heads.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Perform efficient monthly, quarterly, and annual closes and deliver reporting within timelines agreed to by leadership
- Oversees consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation
- Ensure budgetary control through continuous reviews
- Run the process of maintaining cost centres and P&Ls for different business verticals
- Working Capital Management: Maintain control over working capital and manage debt to minimize interest charges, ensuring financial stability.
- Ensure compliances with taxation, accounting policies and regulatory regime
- Preparation of standalone and consolidated financials
- Lead the process of audits, diligence, etc
- Lead and manage collaterals for fund raising initiatives such as debt or equity raise
- Hold all Management Reporting to key internal stakeholders and be the bedrock of Investor Reporting
- Propose and drive revenue, margin or cost improvement initiatives along with functional and business heads
- Clearly communicating the findings from the analysis to turn information into something actionable through reports, dashboards, and/or presentations.
- Drive discussions with business heads to understand the process, the problem, and then brainstorm solution scenarios for managing accounting, .
- Working closely with various tax, legal and other advisors
- Any other Adhoc work assigned to you especially.
Team Management and Leadership:
- Managing/mentoring a team of Analysts/Associates and reporting to the Management
- Driving projects and process improvements
- Monitoring procedures and controls within the team and reviewing and approving the team's work daily within the stated departmental guideline
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong grasp of various aspects of finance and an analytical ability
- Commitment and ownership
- Strong eye for detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High levels of honesty & integrity, ability to lead a team and self-drive are essential
Key skills & qualifications:
- 6-10 years of work experience
- Deep knowledge of finance, accounting and taxation
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- CA mandatory
- Knowledge of US taxation and compliances would be having higher preference