Global Project Leader - #941884
Job Title: Global Project Leader
Location: Chennai, India
Career Level - E
Introduction to Role:
Join our dynamic team at Global Supply Chain and Strategy (GSC&S) in Operations, where we lead
global and multi-regional projects and programmes affecting the AZ commercial pharmaceutical
supply chain. This role requires a seasoned professional with experience in delivering projects in a
global pharmaceutical environment, leading cross-functional project teams across multiple regions
and global functions.
As a Global Project Leader, you will lead international and cross-functional business projects
independently or as part of an overarching programme. You will establish and lead global
project teams to deliver projects to time, cost, quality standards and ensuring regulatory
compliance, identifying and managing significant risks to project delivery, and developing
associated mitigation plans. You will be expected to communicate & influence effectively at
different levels in the organization. As a member of the GSC&S Projects team you will
contribute to standardizing, continuously improving, developing and managing our frameworks
and business processes.
• Business Project Management experience in the pharma industry, including supply chain
• Supply chain management experience and knowledge
• Theoretical & practical knowledge of project management with proven delivery
• Educated to degree level in a scientific, engineering or business discipline
• Experience of working in cross-functional teams from across multiple countries
• Able to operate independently and make sound business decisions with limited information
• Able to manage cultural differences sensitively and negotiate different interests
• Fluency in English
• Candidates must be willing to work hours aligned to European time zone.
• Experience in leading global project teams
• Proven track record of delivering pharma supply chain projects to time, cost, quality
standards and ensuring regulatory compliance
• Experience of managing through complex problems, demonstrating conceptual thinking and
judgement to find innovative solutions. Factors could be financial, legal, fiscal, compliance,
technical, political and personnel.
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by one mission: finding the best solution to put our patients first.
With constant new products and launches, there's never been a better time to join our Supply Chain
team and shape our future with a big contribution to life-changing medicines. We are united behind
a common goal to succeed, we take our collective learnings and work as a team to keep pushing the
boundaries of Supply Chain. If you are driven, take smart risks and are able to act quickly, then this is
the place for you.
Ready to make a bigger impact on patients? Join us at AstraZeneca!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.