CIB - Business Support Management - Expense Management - #941970
The CIB Business Support Management function provides a range of support services to JPMorgan’s trading and investment banking businesses globally. The principal activities of the group are:
• Expense Management: processing, review, approval and monitoring of T&E and invoice expenditure based on CIB Expense Policy.
• Business Change Management (BCM): provision of technology hardware, applications and market data, controlled management of employee on/off boarding process.
• Recertification: Support for the periodic and ad-hoc recertification of physical and application accessing including outside vendors
• Assistant Management: centralized resource management, including mobility, talent management, training and development, evaluation and compensation.
• A variety of other administrative functions: Space planning, maintenance of floor plans, move management, cost allocations, consecutive leave tracking, floor access, business continuity co-ordination.
Job responsibilities for this role:
Focus is primarily on the Expense Management responsibilities of reviewing the expenses as per Firm-wide expense policies and procedures in conjunction with CIB Expense Process & Exception Procedures.
- Timely management of Travel & Entertainment expense claims for Corporate & Investment bank employees through the firms expense management infrastructure (Concur/Yonyou) in accordance with expense policies and procedures.
- Develops partnerships with team members and cross-functional peers and is willing to do what is necessary to get work done for the good of the team.
- Be a subject matter expert and is able to guide and mentor the team members.
- Effectively handle escalations and find appropriate resolutions.
- In addition to BAU activities, is able to take up additional projects and effectively lead them to completion.
- Partnership with global counter-parts and Global Supplier Services teams.
- Process Improvements and Efficiencies.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with a finance or operations background to leverage their experience. The key attributes and qualities required to perform this role effectively will be:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written – ability to articulate clearly, logically and concisely, including handling of challenging conversations with regards to policy and procedures.
- Ability to review data efficiently in compliance with the policy and procedures with data (intermediate Excel skills are essential) and with an appreciation of the importance of process and a robust control framework.
- Strong sense of client service and responsiveness coupled with judgment to show urgency when immediate follow up/ escalation is required.
- Self-starter, work independently whilst also operating effectively in a team based environment.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing a demanding workload.
- Analyze and problem solve.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
- Demonstrated ability to work as team player, and to develop alternative solutions to complex problems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work efforts.
Comprehensive training will be provided on the Business Support Management responsibilities, infrastructure and policies. On an ongoing basis, a flexible and adaptable approach to the role will be required as the operations hub is established and built-out.
Location: L&T Business Park, Mumbai