Software Engineer II - #941988
What's the role?
As a Junior Scala Developer, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of software applications, leveraging your proficiency in Scala programming. . Furthermore you will:
- Analyze product requirements and design to develop efficient, re-usable, reliable and scalable software with quality conformance in an innovative and iteratively growing environment.
- Implement tools to enhance both automated and semi-automated map testing.
- Implementing new attributes for supporting the assessment/comparing differences in data sources.
- Improving internal comparison tools by enriching map quality and decreasing potential customer issues.
- Aggregating the geodata from different sources.
- Performing geometric comparisons with detailed reporting on validation results.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with other engineering teams and internal customers to identify new opportunities, address critical needs and solve complex problems using your backend development expertise.
Who are you?
You are a go-getter, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills. You carry a Bachelors/master’s in computer science or related fields and have 2-4 years of industry working experience which includes:
- 2-4 years in Software Development in the automotive/map-testing domain;
- Configuring and setting up CI jobs and pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab Pipelines, GitHub Actions)
- Programming language: Scala (expert)
- DB: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- VCS: Git, GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket
- Will be a plus: Experience with Big Data & Java (basic)
What we offer?
HERE offers an opportunity to work in a cutting-edge technology environment with challenging problems to solve! You can make a direct impact on delivery of company´s strategic goals and the freedom to decide how to perform your work. We will support you in delivering your day-to-day tasks and achieving your personal goals and developing your skills. Personal development is highly encouraged at HERE. You can take different courses and training at our online Learning Campus and join cross-functional team projects within our Talent Platform.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
In this role you will be part of our Product Testing and Analytics team contributing to test design and ensuring data integrity of HERE solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started