Software Technologist I - #941995
Job TitleSoftware Technologist I
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
Job Description Summary
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle - patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
Our Group is responsible for the delivery, support and maintenance of externally facing software-based service offerings. Primary areas of focus include management of datacenter operations, software release cycles, network, and security operations in support of these patient focused services. Additionally, this group is responsible for architectural guidance ensuring that production systems maintain appropriate levels of security, performance and availability required to exceed both internal and market demands. Our team oversees operations in cloud instances in North America, Europe and Asia. As we continue to rapidly expand multiple products offerings in additional countries, we must continue to grow our technical expertise and staff in 2024.
Your Responsibilities as a Software DevOps Engineer are to maintain the operations of our externally facing critical 24x7 Software as a Service systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support of the Product Delivery process, including production releases of critical externally facing products as well as staging and preparing testing and quality assurance environments. Ensure all operations meet current HIPAA, ASIP and other relevant regulatory guidelines. Work directly with the PMO to ensure all project release schedules are met.
- Maintaining appropriate and required compliance and regulatory requirements, involving key process controls and documentation.
- Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 Operational support of critical 24x7 externally facing medical device software products. Meet or exceed all operational KPI's and SLA's.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly diverse and fast paced team. Identify, cultivate, and manage the necessary external relationships with third party providers such as data center hosts, hardware/software vendors and consulting firms.
- Provide architectural and process guidance to both members of this team as well as the product engineering team to ensure security, performance and availability of all supported products.
- On-call, overnight and weekend work is required to support off hour releases and production operations. Please understand this is not a general statement, this position has strong areas of responsibility in overseas infrastructures and application deployments.
The ideal candidates will possess elements of the following technical disciplines:
- Experience in a regulated healthcare setting or other highly regulated industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field. Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience supporting external customer facing products including a thorough understanding of hardwarestorage, application hosting and networking in a physical or cloud-based SaaS models.
- Role requires fundamental knowledge of AWS concepts and design. Understanding of AWS network structuring, security groups, EC2 construction, S3 utilization, and IAM is preferred.
- Ability to effectively support and manage both Linux and Windows systems.
- Working knowledge in supporting andor administrating RabbitMQ, SQL Server, MongoDB or any document-based repository.
- Previous working experience with Cloud Foundry, ELK, Vault, Kafka, or New Relic is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience in automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, or scripting languages like Python is highly regarded for role.
- Demonstrated ability to work with rapidly changing development priorities while insuring performance and availability of production systems.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Long-term thinking and planning coupled with tactical execution and prioritization skills.