Associate, Business Technology Liaison II - #942000
Associate, Business Technology Liaison II
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Business Technology Liaison. This role is in Pune and Chennai - HYBRID.
Job Description: -
Acts as the primary interface between technology and a specific business/functional area for defined projects. Advises internal or client business and technology groups on how to best address business issues, processes, and opportunities through technology. Identifies and gathers business and system requirements, develops test strategies, and plans, creates project and process specifications, coordinates with assigned project teams, and ensures that final requirements have been met upon project conclusion.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Analyses and defines business requirements and functional or operational specifications for small to moderate sized projects of limited complexity. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Interfaces with all areas of IT on behalf of the business to resolve IT matters and improve business processes.
- Coordinates business technology activities with internal partners.
- Collects and defines business or functional requirements and translates them into functional design, test planning, and user documentation processes. Formulates project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions based upon user needs as well as knowledge of the application.
- Participates in development of the functional design and user documentation by analyzing business process flows or client requests and identifying changes. Uses knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams.
- Gathers information and provides analysis of business issues or client feedback for a specific function or application.
- Tracks data and general technology requirements from businesses or functional areas for project of greater scope or complexity. Provides data and information to team members, as needed.
- Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems. Tasks include case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution. Identifies areas for improvement and works with technology teams to improve applications for business use.
- Works with users and peers on planning, implementing, and supporting new or existing applications. Uses knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams.
- Participates in process improvement reviews and summarizes business issues and client feedback for team's review.
- Trains users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems that are more straightforward in nature.
- Uses general knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
- No direct reports: provides guidance to less experienced Business Technology Liaison Support staff, as needed.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree with 3 - 5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in information technology support preferred.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of Reconciliations processes will be preferred.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively.
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible with shift timing and weekend working as may be required to support the business requirements.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.